Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Has Sprung

I met my girlfriends for Mexican food and a much-needed margarita this evening. I made mine a jumbo size. ;-) In any case, it was 75 degrees outside, so I had to go into my under-the-bed tote and pull out the capris. Green capris to be exact. Last spring, I wanted nothing more than green capris... and so it was.

I'm consistently making a mockery of myself.
I paired my capris with a sweater I got this past winter that I am absolutely in love with.  It's so quirky and wonderful.  There is a patch of lace down the center back, hence the awkward photo on the right... I was trying to show you the lace. With little success.  You can't see my shoes because they're just old, ugly flip flops.  Sometimes shoes make the outfit... not this time.

Colored pants are a spring / summer favorite of mine.  I would rather have loud pants than a loud shirt.  In this case, both are a little loud,  I guess.  Pairing colored pants with a patterned top in neutral tones adds texture without making you look like an Easter egg.  The lace detailing on this sweater adds a second "layer" of texture.  Going cami-less underneath makes me feel just the right amount of scandalous.  I also think leaving the back open makes it a bit more springy, no?

I also love wearing tight bottoms with a baggier top, or vice versa.  Wearing two "tight" items can a make you look skanky (or in my case... muffin-toppy).  Two "baggy" pieces can make you look frumpy.  Although there are exceptions to every rule. :-)

Happy Spring!
~VeeLynn

In this outfit:
Sweater ~ Almost Famous (Boscov's), Winter 2012
Capris ~ Ann Taylor LOFT, Spring/Summer 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment