Thursday, April 25, 2013

BOOTylicious

I thought I should share this sooner rather than later.  Remember the boots I was wearing in my last post?  You don't?  No need to scroll down, here's a refresher:
Hey, there's my floor!
I got these on the SUPER CHEAP.  They were originally $69; way more than I was willing to pay for a pair of black faux-suede boots.  My current pair, though, was in dire straights and I was in need of this winter wardrobe staple.  How much did I pay?  $14.  Yes, you read that correctly.  FourTEEN dollars.

The secret to getting super cheap shoes is to wait until the end of the season. The temptation is a killer, but all good things must go on sale.  Then clearance.  I have to admit that part of my savings came from my employee discount.  But even so, they still would have been only $17.

The danger of waiting until the end of the season is that there are slim pickings by the time things are 75% off.  I lucked out because I am a size 5 1/2 and not many people can wear that size.  It's a little more difficult if you are one of the more common sizes (7 - 9).  The good news is that not many people want to pay full price for things, so unless there are sales or coupons, there is a decent chance that there will be lots of leftovers for us bargain vultures.

Have a general idea of what you want (ie, black suede flat boots) and go from there.  I know that "black suede flat boots" sounds super specific, but in the world of women's shoes... it's not.  Being uber picking can be detrimental.  "I want black suede flat boots with three buckles at the top and two around the ankle," limits your options severely, even at the beginning of the season.  Also, don't be hung-up on your shoes being "so last year."  Would you be able to identify what year a pair of boots is from?  Unless you're Calvin Klein himself, I doubt it.  But just in case you were wondering, Mr. Klein, these boots are by Rampage at Macy's.  This is where less detailing can be helpful.  More on that in another post.

Stay BOOTiful!
~VeeLynn


No comments:

Post a Comment