Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Baaackkk!

Well, well, well.  Thought I forgot about the old blog, didn't you?  Yeah, I guess I did.  But my long-term memory is better than my short-term, so here I am!  Let me tell you where I've been... I know it's no excuse, but at least allow me an explanation.

I got a new job!  And I love it!  I still do some merchandising at American Eagle, but I am now also a product consultant at Sephora!  My local mall is opening a Sephora inside JC Penney (SiJCP).  The other consultants and I have spent countless hours learning, merchandising, cleaning, you name it... we had our soft opening this past Saturday, and the reception has already been overwhelmingly positive.  Grand opening is Friday; it's going to be nuts, and I can't wait!

I have a new-found love of skincare, and as much as I always loved make-up and beauty products, I have learned that investing in a bit more expensive product is well worth it. (That sounds so "not me," doesn't it??) Needless to say, expect some beauty product reviews and tutorials on here in addition to fashion posts.

Let's see, what else have I been up to?  I was in the cast of a musical as well as working on costumes for it.  The show closed the first weekend in May, and that Monday was my first day at Sephora.  I have also been volunteering in the theatre's office to learn a little more about the business end of theatre.  As much as I love the art, there is always a bottom line, and business acumen is always a marketable skill.  At a marketing committee meeting, I pointed out that our theatre doesn't have a great social media presence.  I will soon be starting a blog for the theatre! (Which, admittedly is what inspired me to start blogging here again.)  I'm sure I'll link to that as soon as it's up and running.

So I've been keeping pretty busy, but the good news is that I rarely have time to be bored.  It's good to be back, fashionistas!  Until next time (and I promise it will be sooner rather than later)!

X's and O's
~VeeLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment